Position: Development & Administration Manager
Classification: 40-hours/week; Salaried, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Development Director
Purpose of Position
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the SPF organization, staff and board with development activities and administrative functions.
Development & Fundraising (70% of time)
- Overall SPF donor database administration including data entry, data maintenance, quality control, preparation of reports, donor acknowledgment
- Process donor gifts, contributions and grant awards
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors, members, board, public,
- Manage tier B fundraising/stewardship events including pre-event planning, event implementation, and necessary post-event follow-up
- Manage event registrations and payments; prepare and distribute event materials; assist with communications to/from donors, guests, board, sponsors, volunteers,
- Assist Development Director with grant-writing and reporting
- Assist Development Director with securing, training and managing volunteers for events
- Assist Development Director with donor cultivation/stewardship activities and communications
- Assist Development Director with donor communications such as quarterly news bulletins, digital communications, monthly e-newsletter, solicitations,
- Assist Development Director with tier A fundraising events including pre-event planning, event implementation and necessary post-event follow-up
- Assist Development Director with social media strategy, content creation and implementation
Administration Activities (30% of time)
- Answer and refer telephone calls, greet visitors, and process mail
- Prepare bank deposits, billings and checks for timely processing
- Maintain office supply inventory and office equipment
- Maintain branded materials inventory
- Manage SPF’s annual calendar of events and publications
- Manage Internal electronic filing systems
- Manage organization support documents and forms
- Gather and implement website content updates as needed
- Organize board meetings and other meetings as requested
- Maintain online board portal
- Take board meeting minutes and prepare for distribution
- Provide light office housekeeping
Other Duties as Assigned
- Special projects, assignments and meetings may be required from time to time.
- Supervise office and event volunteers, as required.
- Works in a typical office setting and requires long periods of sitting, typing and facing a computer monitor. Occasionally called upon to work overtime or odd schedules. Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs.
- Occasional work outdoors in hot sun or cold and rainy weather along with walking in fields that may contain uneven ground and/or mud. Out of office work includes meetings with donors, sponsors, volunteers, public, as well as Farm Tours and special events.
- SPF office hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. Some evening and weekend work is required, typically with advanced notice.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- Demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy; ability to multi-task in dynamic, fast-paced, environment; team player with strong organizational skills
- Experience using donor management software (such as Donor Perfect) and special event software (such as Auction Tracker)
- Experience with website management and various online communication applications
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to manage contributions and maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, board, donors, volunteers, public
- Ability to work independently and assume additional responsibilities as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime as necessary
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing requests
- Willingness to understand and support SPF’s mission
- Non-profit experience preferred, but not required
- Valid Washington State Drivers License
Salary and Benefits
$40K –$50K DOE. Salary will commensurate with experience. Benefits include a liberal sick leave and annual leave policy along with a monthly medical stipend and a 3% employer matching retirement program.
Please include a cover letter summarizing your qualifications, what you bring to this position and why you want to work for Skagitonians to Preserve Farmland, along with your resume.
Via email: email@example.com
Please include in subject line “D & A Manager Application”
Via mail: Skagitonians to Preserve Farmland
Attn: Carolyn Radakovich
P.O. Box 2405
Mount Vernon, WA 98273